Monday 29 August 2016

Taking the Orange Landscapes to the Next Stage



As the experiment that was the flood plain series came to a semi-finished state I began to see other forms within the work. The strong shapes and colours as a whole were strongly competing in the whole space and I could see that there were potential abstract forms and landscapes that I could take further, smaller less combative groups of more abstract sections.


This was a process I did with the field paintings, where I reduced the plant filaments to the abstracted landscapes that I call the Defragmentation Paintings.

Picking out further landscapes in the orange flood plain series resulted in a process that is shown here in this book where I selected sections from the paintings and then zoom in and then rework these in a larger scale.

The size of these newly selected regions of the original paintings I feel is important. I’m currently working at making these larger still.

No comments:

Post a Comment